Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Does blue eye color of a dog mean they have a bad eye?

no. I have a Pitt bull with one blue eye and one brown. I was worried about the same thing so I took him to the vet. They told me he was fine.Does blue eye color of a dog mean they have a bad eye?
In some breeds it is an important trait. In a Aussie sheperd I like the two different coloured eyes.Does blue eye color of a dog mean they have a bad eye?
If it's just turned blue, I'd call a vet. if it's been blue all along or just one eye is blue and the other is a different color, that's just eye color...
Have it checked out by a veterinary ophthalmologist, just in case. I think he is fine though, if he acts normal.
One of my dogs has one blue eye. I've had him for years and nothing's wrong.


The only problem is that you get points taken off in a dog show, if you're interested in that kind of thing.
No, it means the dog has a merle gene. One blue eye is common in many Australian Shepherds, Huskies, and even bully breed dogs.


The only reason to be concerned is if your puppy's parents both were merle coated and had blue eyes. That can caused the double-merle gene which can cause deafness and blindness or both.


And sometimes a dog can start out with blue eyes and then it will fade to brown over his first year of life.
he may becoming blind dont give candy to him
If the dog started out with blue eyes then no. But if there has been a colour change in one eye, it could mean something is up - call the vet.


I am assuming you mean blue like a Husky's and not the opaque colour when a dog really doesn't have sight
I don't think so. My boss has a little dog that has an eye that is half blue. The vet says she sees fine.
no, it could mean they have Husky in their family tree.


Their are other dog breeds, related to that breed that have blue eyes.
No, that does not mean it's a bad eye. If your dog is predominatly white in color and has blue eyes, have their hearing checked, they are probably deaf.
no I know dpogs with blue eyes.asnd my little dachshund has one
Are you talking about cataracts? Or blue eyed dogs?


When a dog gets older they can get cloudy blue eyes, or cataracts, that mean they have problems with their vision. A blue eyed dog at birth should not have eye problems.
Not necessarily, but you might wanna check it out anyway.
NO!! some breeds commonly have eyes of different colors, blue and brown, old English Sheepies are of this nature. Huskies have blue eyes common to the breed... dull gray-bluish is probably a cataract
Unfortunately when a dog has a blue eye it means that eye has become blind.





- alisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries