Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What eye color is the most dominent?

i have blue eyes and my boyfriend has brown, we are trying to figure out what color is more likely to be the eye color if we have a baby?? anyone know??? thanks =)What eye color is the most dominent?
Brown is, however your boyfriend might have a blue gene or green gene for eye color - and it would be masked by the brown gene. You of course only have the blue eye gene, so it would be drowned out if your partner only has brown eye genes. Below is a link to an engine that will give you the possible combinations of eye color for your children. Right now my vote is 50% brown, and the rest I don't know becuase I don't know what his parent's eye color is.What eye color is the most dominent?
Blue eyes are recessive and brown eyes are dominant, in general, so you have two genes for blue eyes. That much we know. Now there are 3 different sets of genes your boyfriend may have and have brown eyes.





1. Your boyfriend may have two genes for brown eyes, in which case your babies will have one brown eye gene and one blue eye gene. Your babies will all be brown eyed. (But can have blue eyed kids.)





2. Your boyfriend may have one brown eye and one GREEN eye gene. In this case, he could pass either the brown or the green gene on. If he passes the brown gene on, you'll get a baby with brown eyes. If he passes the green gene on, you'll get a baby with hazel eyes. (Green and blue eye genes are BOTH recessive and so, both will show up in the baby's eyes - hence, hazel.)





3. Your boyfriend may have one brown eye and one blue eye gene. If he passes the brown eye gene on, you'll get a baby with brown eyes. If he passes the blue eye gene on, you'll get a baby with blue eyes.





This is very, very general, because there are different varieties of the recessive and dominant eye color genes. I've got hazel eyes that are a mix of brown and green and blue, because apparently, the brown eye gene I've got is something called ';incomplete dominant'; and apparently, green eyes are actually a form of blue eyes, or related to blue eyes somehow, so sometimes there are blue-green eyes (which I have, combined with that ';incomplete dominant'; brown eyed gene!)





So, short answer is: that you don't know and can't know, but if you had to bet, pick brown.
If anyone in your boyfriend's family has blue eyes, then it's likely the baby will have blue as well. But otherwise, it's most likely brown.





You have two recessive genes to make your eyes blue.


Your boyfriend can either have 2 dominant genes or dominant and recessive. If it's the second one, you can have a blue eyed baby.





Your boyfriend can be either:


YY (two dominant genes=brown)


Yy (could be blue or brown if the recessive is passed)
I think that blue is dominate. I don't know because I have one with brown and one with green and one with blue. My mom and dad both have blue and they also have one of each. My brother has blue and so does his wife and there 3 girls all have blue. My sister has brown and she has 3 kids with one with blue one with green and one with brown. Figure that one out.
brown is more dominant, over half the world has this color eyes





however, a person with dark eyes may still carry a gene for lighter eyes, so there is still a chance a baby may have light eyes. my sister has blue eyes, her husband brown and they have a kid with brown eyes and a kid with bright blue eyes.
Brown. Your baby is most likely to have brown eyes. Blue eyes are recessive. Or your baby could be like me. My mom has blue eyes, my dad has brown eyes and I have hazel eyes. You never know. Your baby could even have your blue eyes. That's what happened with my sister, her eyes are the exact same color as my moms.
well my brother has brown hazel eyes and his ex-wife has brown and their daughter has blue eyes....also my husband as brown hazel eyes and i have blue and our son has blue eyes.....ive read that the parents eye color has nothing to do with what color the childs eyes come out to be. but most babies are born with blue eyes then they change later own
Your baby will probably have brown eyes, but I'm not positive because your boyfried could have Bb, which the capital is dominat, lower case is recessive. You have bb. So there is a cahnce of your baby having like green or blue eyes.
Depends on what other gene you may have...if you have a brown eye gene in your family he could be brown but if your hubby has a blue eye gene they could be blue.....so it is hard to say...I know a little girl who both parents are brown eyed and she is blue eyed!!
Darker is usually dominant, but not always. Does your boyfriend have any relatives (parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents) with lighter eyes?


Whatever color the baby's eyes are, they will be gorgeous!






dont listen to I'm a girl. That's general, but you never know. My mom and dad both have brown eyes and my two brothers and sisters have the brightest blue eyes, and I have green.
Brown is more dominant but you still have a chance of having a blue eyed baby if blue eyes run high on your side of the family. Really it will be a surprise. =]
brown eyes are dominant.


blue eyes are ressecive.





usually darker colours are the dominant traits, same goes for hair colour.
you're most likely to have a brown eyed baby, unless you have very strong genetics. but you never know! there is a chance at both. :]
I have 3 children and all of them have brown eyes. I have blue eyes and their father has brown eyes, so the Brown eyes are more dominant.
My mother has brown eyes, my father has grey/blue eyes. I have grey eyes, my younger brother has brown, and my youngest brother has the brightest blue eyes.
My brother comes from a long line of nothen but brown eyes.Our parents both had brown eyes..but my brothers wife has blue eyes and 2 out of thier 3 children have blue eyes even though brown is dominent.
brown will be most dominant. unless you have WAAAAY strong genes expect a brown eyed baby.
I'd say brown will be more dominant than your blue.
umm, I am pretty sure you have a 1/4 chance for a blue eyed baby through basic genentics
Most likely brown.


But it's not a sure thing.
most likely brown ...
brownn . Unless you have really strong genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries