Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do eye doctors normally have color contacts in stock?

I'm going back to school on Tuesday and I'd really like to have my new colored contacts (Freshlook Colorblends) before I go back. I'm going to a private practice optometrist on Friday. Would I be able to walk out of the store with at least one pair of colored contacts or would I have to order these? If so, how long would it take for me to get them?





Thanks. :]Do eye doctors normally have color contacts in stock?
It depends on how big the practice is. At my one doctor practice, I don't keep Fresh Look colored trials in stock. Here's what I would do if you wanted to wear them. I would give you a pair of clear Fresh Look lenses to determine the power and fit of the lens. If you had not worn them before, I would probably ask you to wear them for at least a few days to make sure they felt good on your eyes. At some point I would have you try on some colored lenses with no power to figure out what color looked best on your eyes. If you came to my office, you would have contacts you could see with to start school but you would not have colored ones.Do eye doctors normally have color contacts in stock?
You're more likely to get them at an alternative clothing and accessory store, as they aren't a medical use item. Many optometrists discourage the use of color contacts, as many aren't nearly as high quality as regular contacts, and can really dry out your eyes.





I'd recommend buying them from an alternative clothing store or online. Get a high quality, permeable set, and some eye drops for use with contacts.
I don't think you get contacts from an eye doctor, you usually get them at places where they sell glasses. Probably 2 weeks , they'll order them for you.
Yes, they have colored contacts too.
I agree, yes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries